OJS Version 18.104.22.168
Thank you for downloading the Public Knowledge Project's Open Journal Systems. Before proceeding, please read the README file included with this software. For more information about the Public Knowledge Project and its software projects, please visit the PKP web site. If you have bug reports or technical support inquiries about Open Journal Systems, see the support forum or visit PKP's online bug reporting system. Although the support forum is the preferred method of contact, you can also email the team at email@example.com.
If you are upgrading an existing installation of OJS 2.x, click here to proceed.
Recommended system requirements
- PHP >= 4.2.0 (including PHP 5.x); you are currently using PHP 5.4.30
- MySQL >= 4.1 or PostgreSQL >= 7.1 (including PostgreSQL 8.x)
- Apache >= 1.3.2x or >= 2.0.4x or Microsoft IIS 6
- Operating system: Any OS that supports the above software, including Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows
As PKP does not have the resources to test every possible combination of software versions and platforms, no guarantee of correct operation or support is implied.
Changes to these settings can be made after installation by editing the file config.inc.php in the base OJS directory, or using the site administration web interface.
Supported database systems
OJS has currently only been tested on MySQL and PostgreSQL, although other database management systems supported by ADOdb may work (in full or partially). Compatibility reports and/or code patches for alternative DBMSs can be sent to the OJS team.
1. The following files and directories (and their contents) must be made writable:
- config.inc.php is writable (optional): Yes
- public/ is writable: Yes
- cache/ is writable: Yes
- cache/t_cache/ is writable: Yes
- cache/t_compile/ is writable: Yes
- cache/_db is writable: Yes
2. A directory to store uploaded files must be created and made writable (see "File Settings" below).